My family and I don't really celebrate St. Patrick's day but I do love any shade of green as well as all things leafy and what's not to like about a cute shamrock? So each year I run into some crafty challenge that calls for a green, shamrock or st. Patrick day craft, and each year I end up creating one or two anyway,
I created this shaker card using my cricut and the Lazy Labels cartridge for the frame. I couldn't find a shamrock or even anything St. Patrick related in any of my 30+ cartridges, (Imagine that, lol) so I created one using the heart from that frame and the weld function in Design Space.
The background of this card is created using a blank white pager and blending 2 shades of Tim holtz distress inks together-green and brown, and distressing with a green glitter mist spray.
rest of the materials: DCWV glitter paper, Recollections cardstock, glass beads, green glitter, flower sequins, tiny gem stones, foam, clear protective film, inks and a clear phrase sticker.
I'm entering this card into this weeks "#296 St. Patrick's Day" challenge over at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog. http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.ca/
and The "Bit Of Green" challenge over at http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com
/wednesdaychallenge/
as well as the "3 shades of green" challenge over at http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.ca/

4 comments:
What a very pretty shaker card!! Love the pretty card design!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com
What a wonderful shaker card! And I love how you created your own shamrock!! Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla
Well, it certainly looks like a fun card to make, even if you don't have anyone to give it to! :)
Thanks for joining us for our Think Green challenge at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com
Such a fun and whimsical design.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx
Post a Comment