Things have been so busy in my life lately that I keep neglecting my poor blog. I wish I would remember more often to display my projects on here.
The last few years have not been the best for me or my family but there is also so much to be thankful for. However after overcoming an awful illness the last year I really made an effort to enjoy and savor my time with my family during the holidays. There may be hardships but there are so many blessings that we forget to give thanks for. One of these for me is my crafting abilities, so often it has become a refuge when life gets hard. Here are a few of my favorite projects I created for Christmas gifts and some decor.
I love gingerbread houses, I got this super cute 3D CandyCane house from "SVGcuts" it's part of a Collection called "Santa's Sweets". All the other shapes, the gingers, candy, fox, trees etc are cuts from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs, my favorite digital die cutting site.
I love using lots of bling and this little house was a great excuse to use as much glitter as I desired, lol. Cardstock is from an old PaperDoodle pad and Recollections from Micheal's.
Both of these cards are made using Little Scraps of Heaven Designs cutting files, Recollections cardstock, mini printed paper pads from the dollar store, stamps, inks, and collected establishments.
I've been trying my hand at digi's lately, isn't the fox cute? It's a digi stamp from Die Crafting Diva, I stamped the background oval with silver snowflakes and did some stitching, paper is from my mini dollar store pads. I used bakers twine and snowflake sequins to establish.
I've been working on m coloring skills quite a bit recently, adult coloring is becoming a favorite past time, this digi comes from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs. I inked the oval and stamped it with mini ornaments. The die-cut ornaments are part of a My Creative Time collection, More bakers twine here (I love that stuff) and ribbon. Not sure if it can be seen in the picture but there are some glitter dots on the ornaments and snowflake and I flocked the elf hat.
I have this Christmas tradition where I make my sisters, mom, and aunt a handmade ornament every year, this Christmas I got my cousin to cut these cute wood slices from the surrounding woods for me. Not a paper crafted project but oh so fun, I love cutting vinyl on my cricut there is so much you can do with it, all the phrases are vinyl and cut using patterns from "Little Scraps of Heaven Designs, Miss Kate Cutables, and some others," I love Christmas projects, everything can have glitter, lol, I used both glitter ribbon as well as glitter covered foliage to decorate, I was completely covered in sparkle by the time I was done.
My last project is an advent tree I created using a cut file from SVGAttic, not a great picture, sorry, I still need to take some, this was taken with my phone, I think there is about 2 pounds of glue on this, lol, or so it seemed, I used thick board for stability to reinforce the pieces, paper used is poster board for the green and the printed is and discontinued My Minds Eye, I put little pieces of transparent ribbon on the drawers for easier pulling, numbers and star are cut with metallic card-stock.
Until Next Time
Kara







No comments:
Post a Comment