I have this tradition that I started a number of years ago where I make my Mom, aunt and siblings a handmade Christmas tree ornament, it started out as a beaded one, but over the years as my crafting abilities advanced, I slowly started trying my hand at different techniques and designs.
Pictured hare are some paper Ornaments I made using layers of cardstock and cardboard to create a thick durable strong ornament. The pieces were cut using my Cricut Explore using a design from Little Scraps of Heaven designs here, cutting file. I cut a shadow image from a few layers of cardboard, stuck them together, and assembled the outer layers from colored cardstock, after gluing all the layers together I applied a few layers of Modge Podge for durability and strength. I applied glitter to the candy cane after the first layer of modge podge, than sealed it with a few more layers. after they were dry I drilled hanging holes in the top and bottem and added the establishments and bows.
I'm going to be entering this in an Ornament contest over at Fave Crafts http://www.favecrafts.com/blog/fc/
Till next time
Kara

No comments:
Post a Comment