Lately I've been thinking about mixed media and how I would love to try my hand at it, I've been watching videos and following blogs, but I still have a lot to learn. I'm not sure if these cards fall into that category but I did try a few different and new technique for the backgrounds.
This is my first time entering this challenge,

For this first card I used some distress ink to create the background, I first stamped my sentiment with cooper embossing powder, then crumpled my paper and rubbed Peeled Paint green ink over it, the creased picked up the most ink, I added some yellow for more color, I then misted it with water to blend, after heat drying I straightened it and attached it to my card base.
I used Little Scraps of Heaven Design cutting files here, "Swirly frame" and "Bee with Flower"
For this card I tried a new technique I learned over at a wonderful blog, but failed miserable at it, You first spread Ink over your background piece, which worked fine, I used Peeled Paint green, and then you use a stencil to spray a fine mist over the inked piece and heat set it. Here is where I failed, eighter my ink spray wasn't working or I used too much, I'm not sure, but when I lifted my stencil I had blobs of mist not a perfect pattern as the tutorial shows, but I decided to save it by running it through my cuddlebug with an embossing folder, which turned out great, I then took my Weathered Wood distress pad and ran it over the embossed design to pick up color, misted and heat set, I love how my background piece looks now. To add a little more shine I used my mister with some silver alcohol ink to add a few more splotches of ink,
LSHD files used "Swirly Frames', "Fox with Tulips" and "Silhouette Butterflies"
Till Next Time
Kara

1 comment:
Background on both your cards are awesome! Love them both. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge
Gayatri xx
Post a Comment