Sunday, May 19, 2013

Some new projects

Just a few new cards and projects I want to share.
 I created this layout for weekly challenge I entered on a facebook site called Creative Kuts. here
Each week they offer a free file to create a project with, this week it was a grad layout and card, the layout was perfect for me, for after 11 years I still haven't finished my grad album, unbelievable.
I used plain blue cardstock for my background, photo mat and border, I ran them trough my cuddlebug with my Tim Holtz distressed bricks folder, used white ink to bring out the embossing and to give it a more distressed look, I added another hat to place with my diploma at the bottom, the roses I made by stamping with black embossing powders and coloring in with markers, I love the way this turned out.
 I couple of graduation cards. The first is part of the file from the layout above, I kind of goofed when assembling the card, I think the hat is supposed to be in front, but I kind of like it that way.
The next card is one I created for a crop over at the Fiskateers site, It was a very easy card to put together as I had already cut the card shape using my cricut and a cartridge, (Sentimentals) the banner is also a cutting file (My Scrap Chick) and the birdie comes from a Cricut cart as well (Create a Critter 2, I think)
background is created from wallpapers.

I created this card from leftovers from a couple of other projects, I was doing a layout using the hexagon trend and needed a guide, so I cut the hexagon lattice with my silhouette, I used the pieces to create my establishments with stamps and embossing powders, I had a few left over and they came in handy for a hexagon challenge, I just assembled the background, and added a bow and some stamped bees, the heart was a last added touch.

No comments: