Monday, April 5, 2010

Ribbon Storage

So many times on the boards I frequent the question, "How do you store your ribbon?" gets asked.
I decided to share my idea, I've tried pretty much anything, from storing it in jars, containers, spools lined up in drawers, to separate colors in boxes. Each idea only lasted a while. I came up with this while also trying to store my lace in my sewing room. Most lace comes on these hard cardboard cards, so I thought wouldn't this also be a great way to store my ribbon? So I got hold of one of those great plastic containers on wheels, this one has 3 deep drawers,

I cut my own card from the hardest cardboard I could find and wove my ribbons onto it color sorted, its a lot of work but worth it in the end, not only is it convenient but it's also neat and tidy.

No comments: