My mom has been decorating cakes pretty much all her life, and has always decorated any family wedding cakes as well as the occasional graduation and birthday cake. This kind of began when my oldest sister (before she married and left home) started decorating Hockey sign themed birthday cakes, Mom helped and thought her the basics, but after she married and little Trina was born the craft kind of fell back into mom's lap. I guess you could say this is kind of a family project, I usually search for the picture, (that is if one isn't supplied with the request for the cake), enlarge it, mom bakes the cake, I sometimes help cut the pattern and cake into shape, mom decorates and me or little sis end up cleaning up the mess.


This is a mom's latest project, a cake she decorated on Friday for a baby's 1st birthday, It turned out really great, I can't believe how well all the details worked out. Love the little soccer ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment