Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I have a tradition I started a few years ago, making Christmas tree ornaments for my mom, sisters, and sister-in-laws and aunt,
Usually I end up making beaded dangly ornament, but this year I came across these beautiful raw wood cutout words in a dollar store, and the possibilities of what could be created with them made them unrestistable.
first I painted them, then used glue to attach the glitter,after the glue dried I modge podged the glitter so that it not only stuck but didn't leave a mess every time you touched them.
The first one Noel, I decorated with these beautiful little porcelain poinsettias I found, punched leaves that I used enough modge podge on to make them plastic, florishes I created from thin wire, and a jingle and small ornament on a dangle.

Peace has small wooden angel, a large star bead, and also some dangles, Hope is decorated with mirrored snowflakes, bling and a large metal snowflake for a dangler.

I just love how Joy turned out, I used some more punched leaves here, also I created the bird by punching about 8 pieces and gluing them together to get a 3D shape, I used that to create a little nest with bling, Joy has a cute star on its dangle, but it seems that it got cut off from the picture.
I can't wait to out these and see the reactions, these are by far the cutest ornaments I've ever made.

No comments: