Monday, July 20, 2009

Mini Album

This is a Mini-Album I created as a gift for a dear friend and cousin for a Graduation gift.
I used white poster board as a base to cut my pages, and dark blue cover board for the front and back covers. The printed papers are a dollor store find and the blue textured paper I used as background paper is homemade.
On the front cover I used sizzix dies to create the swirl and butterfly die-cuts, corners are stamped and embossed with gold embossing powder. Title is a computer print-out.



All the papes contain an ongoing quote that finishes on the last page set. I decorated the journal blocks and quote blocks with stamps--Scrappycat, Autumn Leaves, Studio G, as well as some I handmade with foam.





I tried to establish each page set a little different but still keeping within the same theme, butterflies, flowers and even some birds, in blues and gold. Each picture block contains a different kind of corner, some are orgiami folded, others are punched or other are purchased photo corners.







This album gave me a change to play with some of my new toys...sizzix and cuddlebug dies, stamps and punchies.










The last few pages contain images of my homemade stamps, (the graduation ones) I really love my new butterfly punch, so I tried to use it as often as possible. LOL.
I kept the back cover simple, with just a die-cut swirl, butterfly punch and lets not forget my signature.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your album looks wonderful TFS!

Beeceecreativity said...

this album looks beautiful