Thursday, January 14, 2010

My first attempt at creating a cutting file.

My silhouette has become my favorite scrapping toy of late, I haven't had it long, and was kind of unconvinced that I would ever master the drawing program included in the software, however last evening I decided to at least give it a try. I have to say that I'm kind of impressed with how my first attempt at creating a cutting file turned out, even if it is a little goofy looking. LOL
I used a clip-art picture of a Precious Moments frogie, somehow I convinced myself that this was an easy picture for trying my hand at this, but it turned out a lot more complicated than I anticipated. I did however learn quite a few pros and cons of the program in the process, made lots of mistakes that I had to redo, but I think I now know that I can do this. So hopefully there'll be a lot more to follow in the future.

6 comments:

Eva said...

Ohhh...this is so cute!!!!! I am just learning, too. I can trace pretty good, but haven't tried my hand at drawing yet...so you are ahead of me...hehehe

Liz said...

I love it Karri it's to cute.
Very cute

Leah's Crafty Life said...

it is SO cute.. great work!

just lisa said...

sooo stinkin' cute!! Love it!

Beeceecreativity said...

that froggie is too cute.. great job at your first attempt

LisaM said...

Super cute froggie!